20150326

Night: Week of 3/23

Write a letter from the main character to someone else from the story.

Dear Moishe,

How I regret not listening to you. It seems that if I were to listen to you and to your words I would not be where I currently am. I doubt that any place you were sent to compared to Auschwitz. The place lurks with the smell of the dead and their faces curling into the smoke. It seems very difficult to turn anywhere without finding what should not be found. I am frieghtened to say I will no longer find happiness, not in this life.

Father believes we will be fine. He thinks that what we have gone through is no problem in comparison that of others. I now find myself confused on what to do and how to do so. I can longer tell the diffferenve between the two ideas, at least not now. Moishe, it seems all I canask now is that you were taken  granted for as we ignored you we didn't believe. It was a great change from one end to the other especially when you pain was not noticed by others.

I have yet to uderstand how this all work . It may be the simple minded father wjo I feel has lost his way. In truth, I've no idea what I can do for myself, for my famiy. You see Moshe, I have seen them attack and abuse my fathers but others as well . The Nazis seem to understand that to make a person lose, you must find something dear to them. They play this card day by day, week by week. I grew sick and lone of tired of this idea. Moishe, I truly need your help.

Sincerely,
Elie Wiesel

1 comment:

  1. I think you really captured Elie in this letter to Moshe(Btw, you spelled Moshe Moishe at the top)! I liked how you talked about how lost Elie felt, which is incredibly true to the book. Also, I loved how you started off with how sorry Elie was for not believing Moshe. It seems like a thing he would do. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete