20150108

My Adventure, Let's See How Far I've Come


Music has always been taken some sort of control over my life. When I was young I found myself, always, attempting to dance at whatever my parents had playing on the radio (key word, attempting.) At my current age I am able to take note that others my age, and occasionally myself, feel that music is what helps keep other teenagers sane. For this reason, the idea of having a theme song to my life is the most interesting thought because it has several angles of interpretation and the response to the thought, is one of two things, amusing or rather emotionally profound (it's hard to imagine a balance of the two.) 


After about an hour of searching through every playlist I have ever made, every song I have ever liked, and every song I have ever searched through either YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, or iHeartRadio, I found what I would imagine to be my theme song. (Ironically, my "theme song" was not found in any of the things I listed. I had the lyrics to the song written in a notebook full of quotes.) After my extensive search, I decided that the song "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox Twenty would be theme.

In my opinion, I feel that this song completely encompasses where I've been, where I am, and the fact that I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to end up. Although my life is far from an apocalyptic event at times in my own way it is as if those moments of confusion are apocalyptic. As my fleeting childhood escapes me (or at least it feels that way) I begin to see the glimpse of what awaits, growing up. I allow myself to view all that I am, all I was, and realize that it in no way compares to what I want to be, yet in reality, all matters is how far I've come.







2 comments:

  1. I am currently listening to your theme song and it is catchy. I like it! I like how you expressed your rough adventure to search for the song but found in a place unexpected. That was funny XD I agree with you no one really knows where one will end up. Unless they are for sure motivated for one thing and are actually works for it. The only thing in their way could be death. Probably other things too but besides that I love this blog post. God song choice Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a groovy tune and I think it's a good theme song for you. You've accomplished a lot of things so.. yeah. I also laughed a lot at the gif of Raven you chose. Great blog post.

    ReplyDelete