20150309

Girl Online: Week of 3/06

Prompt: Author’s Writing
Pages: 0-97

This week, unlike any others, is much different for my AoW Impressions blog. Rather than an overview on this weeks events, due to absence, I will be writing on my most recent read, Girl Online. Girl Online, written by one of my favorite YouTubers, is a definite change from some of my most recent reads. Due to the books teenage realistic fiction theme and overall diction is what I feel to be a much needed break from Caesar and the betrayals that occurred to the man. (Though Shakespeare was a great playwright, the 16th century man does manage to confuse his 21st century audience. At least, myself, I’m not sure about anybody else.)

Personally, I feel that Girl Online is a great read! My reading of the novel has barely begun, Zoe Sugg (the author, also known as Zoella,) has already managed some rather heavy topics in an understandable manner. I must also say, that for her first novel, Zoe Sugg is a great author who understands what she is doing. A majority of the impact that Zoe leaves upon the reader is definitely through her key word choice that helps encompass teenage life (and diction) in a perfect manner. This week, I truly wanted to focus on author’s work rather than focus on characters, for the reason that the author’s identity takes a key role on writing. Zoe’s strong personality shows through her writing as it is obvious that she is able to make a connection with a younger audience as she covers topics such as serious emotional distress which includes Penny’s (the main character’s) panic attacks and struggle with friends and school.


No comments:

Post a Comment